11.04.2009

Autumn

With the milestone of standing have come many, many semi-sleepless nights for Sadie and mom.  I think Sadie figured out before I did that once she got up and standing in the night, she just needed mom's help to get back down. With sleeping and napping now somewhat back to normal - free time and energy for posting have returned!
Sadie has been continually wowing us as new parents with her changes and the things she picks up each new day.  For the interested grandparents, and other new parents the list follows:
Crawling using hands and feet
Standing up
Stepping from side to side while standing up
Standing up with one hand free
Standing for 1-2 seconds hands free! And then falling.
Sitting down (somewhat) gracefully after standing
Pulling off her bib when she is done eating.
Mirroring gestures
Pulling toys out of toy box
Pulling books off the shelf
Opening board books and turning pages
Hitting toys together
Climbing into things like cabinets and laundry baskets
Banging hands down to make noise
Carrying toys with her while she crawls
Making noises that sound like real sentences
Talking 'with' you - back and forth (mostly to the cat)



Sadie and I recently took a trip to Indiana to visit my parents and grandparents.  We had a nice visit to the Zoo while we were there and I even got to touch a shark!  It was a great visit, but Sadie and I are glad to finally be home with Brian.

Brian's training has finally started.  He is also taking a course online and he has been BUSY.  It's been a little strange to go from having so much free time together to having so little - but it's given us both a chance to appreciate the afternoons we do spend together as a family.  

No comments: