7.29.2009

Georgia


It has been almost a month between posts, but whew! What a month! We have successfully moved across the United States with a cat and a four month old baby, and have settled into a new home in sleepy Georgia. Brian and I have both been working hard to get rid of all the clutter that we have accumulated in only two short (or long) years of marriage. Luckily, there is a mission donation center just across the street from us so we have been able to lug our boxes over there without any problems.

Despite a recent spat of staying up much later than we are used to - the baby is doing well. Rubbing her gums vigorously seems to help calm her down, but we are still working on getting her to sleep at the time she had been for the past month. Ahhh, teething. Sadie is progressing from rolling to outright scooting and wiggling around all over the place. We have been indoors most of the time during the day, but she seems to be alright when we have been out in the heat for short periods. She LOVES to be out and about and to look at people. I think she might like the Georgia accent because she gives everyone she meets here her biggest smiles.

We've been slowly exploring the local community while Brian has been on leave and have found a park down the street from our house that Sadie will be able to enjoy when she is a little older. There is also room in our yard if we ever want to get some outdoor play items for her. Friends who have been stationed here before said that there are mostly indoor activities around here because of the heat. We are looking forward to being able to eat at local restaurants (more than once a month) and perhaps even try out the bowling alley at the base.

The soil here is rock hard clay so my dreams of an easy garden that I can just plant and occasionally water are dashed. I'm researching local plants that are used to the dry soil - although it seems like it rains a lot when compared to Monterey. I'm excited to be able to getr out in our yard.

4 comments:

Seshat said...

Glad to hear you are getting settled. She looks like such a happy baby...if I recall and can judge from the time she was here, she seems very laid back.

Seshat said...

Glad to hear you are getting settled. She's adorable.

Seshat said...

Not sure if my comments are going through...sorry if I've repeated! :)

Kelly Jean said...

I'm glad the move was successful. Sadie is already getting bigger, and is cuter than ever. Love you both.