12.01.2008

Tour of the Labor and Delivery Department

Brian and I got our first preview of the labor and delivery section of Community Hospital this Sunday (known hereabouts as CHOMP). It is such a wonderful place and the staff are really, really great.

Unfortunately, this visit took place after almost 24 hours of intermittent vomiting on my part. A little sickness here and there is par for the course during pregnancy, but I was unable to keep down even water, so Brian and I called my OB's office to see if we should go in. Stomach flu is nothing particularly serious, but my being unable to eat or drink anything for a few days worried me when it came to the baby.

They suggested we go in to have them check out how the baby was doing, and to check on fluid levels. So we went in yesterday morning for a few hours, I drank 7up and watched the Colts game and Brian studied. They gave me an antinausea pill which has enabled me to keep liquids and small bites of food down. Eating is still a little questionable at this point, but I'm starting to get hungry again...

All in all it wasn't much different than a regular Sunday except instead of watching the band rock out at church (a story for another day), we watched the Colts game and I got to wear a backless hospital gown - by far the sexiest piece of clothing I have managed to get into in quite some time.

No comments: