I attended a funeral service for one of our residents - she was 94 - and the priest said something that really stuck with me. He said that there is such a drive to succeed and define ourselves by what our 'job' is that people forget that the most important job we have is living with God. He said that we should just enjoy the people and the events in our life and stop worrying about how they fit into our plans.
I've been worrying a lot about how I'm going to handle being increasingly pregnant while working and then how I will handle staying home or returning to work part time. I think hearing work minimalized by the priest yesterday really helped me to relax about all the 'decisions' I would have to make.
I think I'm looking forward to figuring it all out as it comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment