10.01.2008

Fish Chowder and Cute Kitties

I have energy again, and we're getting a routine back in the West Coast O'Callaghan household. I successfully made my first fish chowder - and Brian loved it. We'll add more pepper and onion next time, but I have to say that it wasn't bad at all. I took bits and pieces from different recipes on about.com (I was trying to use the fish while using up the rest of this month's veggies). Here was the base recipe I used:
http://southernfood.about.com/od/seafoodsoups/r/bl40623i.htm

Because I know my dad will never forgive me if I don't write down recipes that I make, I am starting to keep track of them on the computer. I have the crockpot wine stew I made last week in addition to this latest fish chowder. I'll end up adding my Turkey rub at thanksgiving - and when I get Bisquick again, I'll add in the garlic and chive biscuits.

I can't wait to come home for Christmas this year. I miss being around both sides of the family so much. I think one of the hardest things about Navy life is going to be that our kids won't get to see their cousins as much, and we won't be as near to our family as I've gotten used to. Then again, that dynamic had begun to change already as my siblings got older and we got married - you can't just go over to the newlyweds house and crash on the couch playing video games anymore...

I enclosed a picture of Fitzroy because he is just so darn cute sometimes. He has taken to trying to drape himself over my expanding middle - and when he succeeds and purrs, I can feel the baby moving. He's done this twice now, so we'll see if this is a fluke - but I wonder if the baby can feel the vibrations - because this huge cat sure can purr.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Cute kitty, but we also want pics of you and the growing belly! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. The second trimester has always been the best for me (most energy, feel like my normal self, etc.)