8.31.2009

Georgia Updates


On a good note: Sadie is CRAWLING! She picked up a few tricks from her cousin Kayden in Florida, and is now crawling and wriggling her way around (mostly in chase of the kitty)with increasing agility.

Things have been v-e-r-y interesting around here the past week. It's been like a gauntlet of parenting challenges:

1.)After getting shots on Monday, Sadie had a three night cluster feeding spree which left Brian and I a little wrecked. I think the longest stretch of sleep I had between Tuesday afternoon and Friday night was three hours. Thankfully, the past two nights have only included one night feeding and Sadie has had several good long naps during the afternoon.

2.)Yesterday included a nursing strike for most of the day. This is fairly new, and she's previously refused initially and then nursed after some settling down - but yesterday was terrible. She usually has five good sessions with four or five snacking sessions. Yesterday she only really nursed four times and refused any other attempts. This morning she was more on track with her nursing, but I get the feeling it might be another tough day (NOTE: By the time I completed this post she definitely only snacked this morning and I had to pump the morning feeding for her to hopefully eat later).

3.)Napping is still an issue with her fighting it every step of the way. The same techniques don't seem to work any two days in a row, so it's an ongoing test of inventiveness, patience, and tenacity.

4.)Crawling, while an important and pride inducing milestone also involves constant vigilance of the state of the floor, the whereabouts of the cat, and the things the baby is likely to bonk her head into. She hasn't seemed to figure out that if a wall is there - she can't keep moving forward without hitting her head. She will bonk her head, look at mom, and then bounce up and bonk her head again.

It's times like this that I sorely miss the group of girls in Monterey. I'm glad that Melanie, and Mary Ann (Brian's mom) are just a phone call away!

1 comment:

Seshat said...

She's so adorable and I can tell what a happy baby she is..:) I hope she settles down for you. I got lucky and it wasn't long before my girls were sleeping through. Of course, they were practically three months old at birth since they ranged from 9'3 to 10'3 (pounds not inches..lol). Hang in there. The first ones are always the obstinate determined ones...(and don't tell Caitlin I said that..)